|Mountain View Regional Waste Management Commission
Transfer stations are places where local residents can deposit their waste cargo prior to loading into larger vehicles. These larger vehicles transport the waste to the end point of disposal or treatment.
The Mountain View Regional Waste Management Commission operates Waste Transfer Stations at Olds, Sundre, Didsbury, Water Valley, and the MVRWMC Landfill, where MVRWMC transfers solid waste to the Landfill site near Didsbury.
We make it easy for you
Your visit to our sites can be made easier by organizing the materials in your load (e.g. separating metals, lumber and hazardous wastes from your regular garbage) before you arrive at our site. Always check in with the site attendant as you arrive at the Transfer Station and dump only as directed by our staff.
Acceptable items at our Waste Transfer Sites include:
- Burning Barrel Ashes - Burn barrel ashes are accepted for disposal only if they are contained in sealed garbage bags or boxes.
- Scrap Metal - All of our transfer stations have a separate pile for recycling of scrap metal. Any items that are predominantly metal will be directed to the metal pile at the discretion of the scale attendant.
- Propane Tanks
- Branches - Branches and clean wood are chipped at our facilities
- Waste Oil - Waste engine and hydraulic oil, oil filters and empty oil containers.
- Tires - Old tires that have been removed from rims are accepted.
- Freon Containing Appliances.
- Household Hazardous Waste - Our facilities are for household hazardous chemicals only, and include:
- Aerosol spray cans
- Paint and solvents
- Cleaning Products
- Yard and garden chemicals
- Automotive Batteries
- Light ballasts and electronic capacitors
- Desktop Computers
- CPUs including keyboard, mouse, cables, speakers
- Printers and printer/scanner/fax combinations
- Laptop Computers
- Agricultural Plastic is accepted at the Olds Transfer Site only.
- Strand wire is accepted at the Landfill Transfer Site only.
The following materials are banned from disposal at our sites:
- Commercial, industrial or agricultural chemicals
- Dead animals
- Dead animal parts
- Biomedical waste
We reserve the right to refuse any materials.
For more information, please read our User Guide for Waste Transfer Stations.
Waste oil, filters and plastic oil containers are recycled as part of the
Alberta Used Oil Management Association's recycling program.