|Mountain View Regional Waste Management Commission
|For our customers in the Village of Cremona: Due to July 1st being your regular date of pick-up, we are moving the commercial pick-up to Thursday and the residential pick-up to Friday.
|REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS - FINANCIAL SERVICES
The Commission is requesting proposals for a three (3) year contract to include all financial services for the Commission including:
- Receivables and Payables
- Financial Reports and Year End Statements
- Financial Records
Proposal documents are available from the Commission Office and must be returned to the Commission Office in a sealed envelope clearly marked "Proposal for Financial Services" before 12 p.m. on June 19, 2015.
Pat Sliworsky, CAO, Mountain View Regional Waste Management Commission
1414-16 Street, P.O. Box 2130, Didsbury, AB T0M 0W0
Tel: (403) 335-4901
Welcome to the Mountain View Regional Waste Management Commission
Solid waste is one of the most serious environmental problems in the world. In Mountain View County, through the Mountain View Regional Waste Management Commission, we are trying to promote environmental policies and practices that solve this problem.
The Mountain View Regional Waste Management Commission was formed in 2001 to coordinate the management and disposal of solid waste for the municipalities within Mountain View County (the County, the Towns of Carstairs, Didsbury, Olds, and Sundre, and the Village of Cremona).
The Commission operates the following:
- Recycling Centres located in Cremona, Didsbury Landfill, Eagle Hill, Olds, Sundre, Water Valley, and Midway Community Centre.
- Waste Transfer Stations at Olds, Sundre, Didsbury, and Water Valley, where MVRWMC takes solid waste to be transferred to the Landfill site.
- MVRWMC Landfill, located two kilometres northwest of Didsbury.
- Resource Recovery Centre at the Landfill.
- Compost collection and transportation from Olds and Sundre to the Olds College Composting Centre.
The MVRWMC is your service provider for the regular collection of household waste, commercial waste, rural waste, and recycled material in these municipalities.
Did You Know?
Collection of all recycling materials in 2010 averaged 330 kgs/capita! This included metal, mixed plastic, agricultural plastic, newsprint, mixed paper, cardboard, electronics, used oil, glass, concrete, asphalt, compost, wire, propane tanks, wood, tires, and batteries.
Thank you for helping keep these recyclables out of our landfill!
Click here to bookmark our website: www.mountainviewwaste.ca